vrijdag 22 februari 2013

The JOY of letting go .....



*
Is 
NOTHING
 really
 NOTHING ?

N O - T H I N G 

Is
 EMPTY
 really
 EMPTY ?

I guess it comes with my age
I am aware of the importance
of
LETTING GO .

So far nothing new
were it not
I have been saving things
for a far too long time.

and now
a lot is changing
FOR THE BEST 

I never could let go 
easily
( hey I am also a Scorpion )
and so I kept 
the PAST in all kind of stuff

For a long long time
I believed 
LETTING GO
was all about 
THE PAST 

And now 
a true miracle happened
now I SEE AND I KNOW
letting go
is all about 
THE FUTURE 

It's just the same
with all the stuff
It's taking a lot of space
and by letting go
NEW SPACE APPEARS
and not only that
the new space 
is there 
for what the future
will bring

NOW I realise
how
enjoying the nothing
the emptiness
is
of the greatest importance
because

I am beginning 
to hear
my own voice

Maybe you now think
what is she talking about
( writing about )
but to me 
the most amazing things
are happening
and 
I will tell you 
ALL about it 
soon

but for now
I am busy
clearing-up my life
and
I never thought
that could be
such a JOYFULL
thing to do

I am dancing
and
making a lot of space
for the future 

*

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Wonderful!

    I wish many had your courage. We need to love things, people, memories... and by loving we need also to be able to let it, them, go.
    A while ago a writer died in my Country and her son wrote one of the most touching remembrance sentences I have ever seen... I read it from time to remember the truth in it, and to be inspired:

    ""And again .... I believe that nothing that is truly important is lost. We only delude ourselves, thinking owners of things, moments and others. With me walk all the dead I loved, all the friends who moved away, all that happy days that are now over. I did not loose anything, just the illusion that everything could be mine forever. ""


    Wishing you a wonderful and warm weekend,(Spring really needs to come; we need life to bloom again... is being the longest Winter)


    Teresa

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. My precious zusje!

    I know.

    I know what you are talking about, for I am doing the same thing.

    It is one thing to de-clutter your home or your work space.

    It is yet another thing, and even MORE satisfying, to de-clutter your mind. There are new things happening in my life as well, but not going in the direction I had hoped for. But funny thing how CHALLENGES affect you. They cause you to stand back and take away unnecessary things and FOCUS. Then and only then can you proceed into the future.

    I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU. I knew that you would "see" for yourself one day. Here is a quote for you for which I do not know the author:

    "The best answers are not given - they are found."

    We are on our way to finding the answers.

    Love, Anita

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Knap dat het lukt Francis! Ik hoop dat de ruimte die je creert wordt ingevuld door lieve mensen en vele mooie gebeurtenissen!

    Fijn weekend,

    Madelief x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Dear Francis,
    I'm so happy for you that you are in the next chapter of your life and rejoicing in it. Someimes change can be a bit scary, but often times the outcome is good. I am clearing out some things in my life too and making way for wonderful things to come. I'm glad we are growing and changing and learning together, dear Francis.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen